1) If my order is under $45, how much is the delivery charge?
The delivery charge is $7 for orders under $45.
2) How do I get free delivery?
Order $45 or more of products from our store, and you live within our delivery zone, your delivery will be FREE.
3) Where and When do you currently deliver?
We currently deliver to ORILLIA & most of MUSKOKA. Please view our delivery zone map for more details.
The main cities and towns we deliver to are: Orillia, Coldwater, Warminster, Severn, Oro-Medonte, Ramara, Bracebridge, Gravenhurst, Huntsville, Utterson, Port Sydney, Washago, Severn Bridge, and within 5 minutes of any of those towns.
Our deliveries take place bi-weekly on Wednesday's and Thursdays between noon and 7pm, and your delivery time will depend on the number of customer's that week and will be determined by the delivery driver.
4) Can I make fruit and veggie substitutions with my Produce Box?
Yes you can! Up to 5 substitutions can be made, and you can let me know by leaving a note at checkout as to what changes you want done. Let me know what to exclude, and what to include in it's place (i.e. No Onions, more apples). The substitution items must be for sale on our website. You can also email me the veggie changes you want done (email@example.com).
5) What happens if I am not home when my order is delivered?
You do not have to be home when we deliver your order. Our orders come in secure Rubbermaid containers with insulated bags and ice packs inside, so your produce and frozen items are well secured. If you are paying by cash or cheque, please notify us where you will leave the payment, or if it's a second order you can leave the payment in the empty bin that we will pick up.
6) If I buy from you, will I be tied to a weekly or bi-weekly ordering schedule?
No, you do not have to be. We have order options for once only or recurring, so the decision is yours to make. You are allowed to order whatever you want, whenever you want. There are no fixed schedules or automatic recurring credit card charges unless you specifically choose the subscription option when ordering.You can also cancel at anytime.
7) If an item is on your online store one week, but not the next, can I still buy it?
No, if an item is not showing on the website that means it is out of stock, or we no longer sell it.
8) If an item is on your online store and is labelled 'sold out', can I still buy it?
No, it is not currently available. We will, however, be carrying that product again, but just ran out and will make or buy more as soon as we can.
9) What happens if I don't like the condition of a product in my order?
We have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, so we will replace it, refund or credit the dollar amount of the product in question back to you no questions asked.
10) What forms of payment do you accept?
We prefer cash or cheque upon delivery, but do accept credit cards via the online payment system. Make cheques payable to: Adam Hewitt
11) Can I edit or alter my order after I have finalized the sale online?
Yes, absolutely. You will find a link in your hewittfresh.com account to edit or cancel your order. There are also links to edit or cancel your order in the order confirmation email you receive after you place your order.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, and include the changes you would like to happen. We will alter it on our end and email you back a confirmation of the changes.
12) What happens if I order a product and it becomes unavailable before the delivery date, am I still charged?
No, you will not be charged for anything that we cannot deliver to you. If, for whatever reason, we are unable to fulfill your complete order (i.e. we can't find produce up to our quality standards, we temporarily sell out of something, or a tornado sucks up all the fresh pies and we don't have enough time to bake more, etc.), we will edit the amount owing and you will only be charged for what you get.
13) What will my groceries be delivered in?
We are using large rubbermaid bins with snap-on lids for our grocery deliveries. We also are including blue insulated grocery bags and ice packs if you have ordered frozen groceries. Your rubbermaid bin, blue bag, and ice packs are included in your initial delivery at no extra charge, but all remain Hewitt's Of Muskoka's property.
14) What do I do with my empty Milk/Cream Bottles and Egg Cartons?
Please leave them in the rubbermaid bin and we will collect them during your next delivery. Each milk/cream bottle returned will receive a $2 deposit back.
15) What happens when you can't find local produce for your orders?
I will attempt to fill all orders with local produce first (Ontario/Canada), but if I am unable to do so I will replace it with the equivalent product from the next best choice/location.
16) What payment options do I have for my recurring produce box subscription?
Currently we only have a credit card payment option available for the subscriptions.
17) How often will my credit card be charged for subscription orders?
We deliver every two weeks, so your credit card will be charged every two weeks to cover the cost of the produce box you have subscribed to.
18) How do I edit or cancel my subscription order?
To edit or cancel your subscription, follow this link.
19) Can I add other items to my subscription order?
Yes you can. Once you see your subscription order confirmation during order week, just follow the edit link found here, or in your order confirmation email. After that you can add whatever other products you wish to add, and resubmit the altered order.
20) If I have other questions I need answered, how do I get a hold of you?
Please fill out the contact form below and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.